Thursday, August 03, 2006

We Got Trouble, Right Here In River City...



















...with a capital 'T', and that rhymes with 'D', and that stands for....Disabled List?

Radke's shoulder, Liriano's forearm, Gardy's tummy, and Lohse's brain (oh right). What the *bleep* is going on here? Some numbers:

21-2 : Twins record the previous two homestands
19-2: Combined score of the first two home games in August

Stop sucking.

Trouble in Denmark? Is relief no longer spelled R-O-L-A-I-D-S, but G-A-R-Z-A? It sure as hell can't be spelled Mike Smith, even against KC. How will our heroes escape this nefarious situation?

8 comments:

Hops said...

I...FEEL...HAPPYYYY

Still better than this

Kaiser said...

Tranquility now! Tranquility now!

Hops said...

Or serenity...you never did watch enough t.v.

Kaiser said...

That had nothing to do with T.V. I'm making up my own stress release techniques...

Hops said...

T. Ryan doesn't think Garza's ready. I don't think there's any reason not to trust him (*cough* batista).

Is it possible that all baseball G.M.'s are as incredibly honest when conducting interviews as Terry Ryan is? Also, is there a town with multiple major sports teams where one G.M. is so vastly loved and respected and another is considered to be a freakishly long-armed moron?

Smitty said...

I'd hope in NY some fans like Cashman and NY Mets guy (always forget his name) but don't like Isiah. Or the Rangers guy.

I hear Garza isn't ready either and I think the Twins have a good record with bring along pitchers. This proves we needed another pitcher. Sure, Silva can pitch at home, but we need him to be decent on the road.

Not panicing yet. If we don't at least split in KC if not win 3, I will start to worry.

Thoughts on getting either of the other Washington pitchers, Armas Jr or Ortiz? Would Armas clear waivers??

Hops said...

I think they both make somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million...I don't think they'd make it through. Consensus seems to be that Hernandez would...he makes 8 mil. Livan likes his money.

Where's Terry Mullholland?

Kaiser said...

The new logo is up, baby. Check it out.

It will change (although slightly) periodically.

I love photoshop.