Monday, March 17, 2008

You Can Do Nothing, You Can Do Something...


The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

All along, we thought all we were trying to replace was Torii Hunter…but we forgot we also have another outfielder we need to replace…Sweet Lew Ford. And with quotes like this:

"They don't have no speed like me. I know I can help this team. Especially when I hit ahead of Morneau and the catcher and the other guy.'"

I think we’ve found our guy

The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

Joe Mauer, love him or hate him, is the most boring human on the planet. Tied for #2? All Canadians. And I love magic tricks just as much as the next four year old, but I’m worried that if Cuddy’s the most interesting guy on this team, Bert Blyleven might go crazy and start swearing on live television.

The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

I won’t spend a lot of time ranting about this today…but my favorite team is cheap. Super cheap. I bet Jim Pohlad’s the kind of guy who goes out to dinner with friends, drinks four beers, leaves early, throws $10 on the table and says,“That should cover me”. Jerk. So, don’t you, like, at least have to TRY to entertain us a bit? The kid’s going to make LOTS of mistakes in centerfield…but, Christ, it’s the Metrodome. Willie Mays would look silly for a game or two.

The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

His ability to shit lightning isn’t something you see every day.

The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

It will make Tony Oliva happy…and I think that’s something we can all get on board with.


The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

You traded Johan Santana. You let Torii go. You signed TWO Houston Astros and neither of them is named Lance Berkman. Nick Punto is still on the team. You snowballed the city into giving you MILLIONS of dollars. Throw us a frickin’ bone here.

The Twins have to give Carlos Gomez the job as starting centerfielder.

9 comments:

Hops said...

Still worried about Carl running out of tapioca? I wouldn't.

http://www.ranyontheroyals.com/2008/03/reason-10-money.html

Kaiser said...

"I couldn’t understand a word he said," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "So I just said, ‘Come with me.’"

Kaiser said...

"He makes getting picked off look like fun," Gardenhire said. "I don’t know if that’s a good thing."

Hops said...

Hey Smitty...do you know where the title of my post came from?

Hops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smitty said...

Can't think of it, but sounds familar. That's my way of saying, "I'm ashamed to say I don't."

Gardy calls him Go-Go. I like that.

I think I agree, but Span has played pretty well this spring. Maybe Span is our new Tyner?

Hops said...

Wait...we need a new Tyner?

Kaiser said...

I like having him so I can say "Tyner Dancer" and start playing air piano, but otherwise we don't.

Love "Go-Go"mez as a nickname. So good it should've been ours...

Hops said...

We're not really nickname experts. Don't let The Jamaican Laptop go to your head.